Saturday, October 11, 2008

What is right...


So lately i feel like sometimes I feel like I can be a jerk. When I told somebody this the first thing they told me was that everyone is a jerk on some level. I told her that I didn't want to be a jerk, and that I wanted to apologize. They told me that no on is perfect and if I was only apologizing to try and be perfect then I should not do it. I told her that I really wanted to do it because I felt like I had hurt the person I was rude to.
What I am thinking about this right now is why it would be bad to strive for perfection? Are we not called to be like Jesus, who in every sense of the word was perfect. I think I know what she meant by this though. I think that she was trying to tell me if I was trying to appear perfect through my actions than I should stray away, and I would agree with that. I hate it when people do things just so that people will look at them or think they are great or think they are retarded. People should just live their lives as the way God had intended us to live them. With a modest attitude

No comments: