Monday, October 27, 2008

Contentment...

So I used to think that once I wanted to just be content it would be easy to attain. I do not know why I thought this, because it has been one of the hardest things I have ever tried to do. Lately I have been doing things that remind me of how I used to be before Jesus found me. Once I realized this I tried to turn it back around and realized that it was harder to turn from it now that I have been saved for a while than when I was first saved. I realize now that I have not been trying as hard as I could have. Once I reached a place where I could feel comfortable again I felt like I was being pulled down again. This is when I realized that God wants us to be content in every situation. So this is when I started to strive not for happiness but for contentment. When you are living in a world that is messed up as the one we are living in, where every thing in life is being manipulated by the media and we are constantly being told that we are not good enough and we need things to make us better and we need them NOW, it is hard to be ok with yourself and the situations that you are in that are not ideal. I know that discipline plays a big part in the journey to contentment. And spiritual discipline is something that I need to work on.

On the lighter side here is a video that makes me laugh.This video was shown to me by my wonderful sister Sarah Lang. Who I love so much.

2 comments:

Trev said...

love the video

Amanda said...

part 1. good thoughts
part 2. stinkin hilarious