Sunday, November 9, 2008

Balance...

So, I have always known that when you have balance in your life you will be more efficient and joyful. Lately however, I have forgotten how important this can be. Yesterday i gave all of my stress and worries up to God and after this He blessed me with peace. This morning I woke up fully rested and ready to praise God. That is something that I wish I could do everyday. I plan on training myself to do so. Part of my training is waking up at six O'clock in the morning to pray. I just want to state the reasons that I am doing this seemingly insane task. First of all, The time that Jesus prayed the most was early in the morning before the sun rose. When I am getting up I am not praying by myself, I am praying with a couple other people. This is because in Acts the most common kind of prayer is corporate prayer. I think that this is something that is necessary, because it addresses two of the biggest problems on campus. The first is lack of community. I have spoken with several people on campus who feel that the feeling of community has dropped dramatically since the closing of The Hole. The other is the lack of prayer on campus. I just feel like the feeling of urgency of prayer is dramatically lower than it should be in a school full of people who love God. I am not trying to insult anyone. If you are offended in any way by what I have said then I am sorry but it is the truth. There is so many things that need improvement. I am also not saying that we all suck at life. There are so many amazing qualities of the people on campus that makes this campus an amazing place to be.

A song that I have loved since the first time i heard it is...

No comments: